Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My dad cleaned his apartment.

Just wanted to announce it to the world.

Anyway, I got my pictures off my camera, so here's some interesting highlights of September:

Here I am as Hector, while Britt, as Achilles, drags me three times around the walls of the city. Good thing I'm already dead, because otherwise it would be pretty inconvenient to lie down on the dusty, dusty ground.


Similarly, here I am as Aeneas fleeing the destruction of Troy. My father, Anchises, is on my back, and though you can't tell, I'm leading my son Ascanius by the hand. My wife, Creusa, is right behind... Wait! Where did she go!? Oh no! Creusa!

(to all non-nerds, sorry)

Well, just to complete the set, here's a picture from the Asclepion at Pergamon:

In Athenazde, our Greek book, the son, Philip, gets involved in a fight, is hit, and falls over and somehow results in becoming blind. So Dicaeopolis has no choice but to take him to the priests of Asclepius to hopefully be healed. So here we're re-enacting this process, to commemorate our time in Pergamon.

Less esoteric pictures will follow.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Ho philipos!

Weren't there some snakes in that story(when he gets healed)