Sunday, March 28, 2010

Update / Toba

If you're in my Yahoo address book, you may have gotten up to three (as far as I know) emails saying I'm in London, I'm in trouble, and I need money. Well, I appreciate gifts of money as much as the next person, but please rest assured that I am not in trouble and I do not need anything. Most of all, I have not left this country, as I would not legally be allowed to return without going through a heck of a lot of visa paperwork, and that's just not something I'm willing to do right now.

No, I am most assuredly still in Indonesia. To be specific, the past weekend I was in North Sumatra, staying on Lake Toba, the world's largest volcanic lake! Very exciting. I did some sightseeing while trying to solve my email problem, having a foot infection, and coming down with the flu. (It really seems unfair to get the flu this close to the equator. I've always associated it with cold weather, you know?) So, anyway, I'm going to make this short and just put in some pictures!

Traditional Batak weaving:


Traditional Batak dance:



It's a very, very big lake.

No comments: