Sunday, August 30, 2009

Traveling pictures

(I originally wrote this at 1am, but the internet was shoddy, so it's going up now. Jakarta is 12 hours ahead of Central time)

Here's a picture at the airport in Hong Kong:


Stormy skies over Singapore:

The beginning of the flight to Jakarta was pretty bumpy, since we were flying straight through rainclouds.

But we made it to Jakarta!


These pictures are from the balcony of my hotel room.



After settling in to our rooms, we had lunch in the lobby and then went out to a shopping area. It was kind of like a mall, only much, much bigger (at least 7 floors and three towers). Coming back, I was so tired that I fell asleep right away. It's the middle of the night right now, so I'm going to go back to sleep. Orientation starts tomorrow. We'll be in Jakarta for the next week or so, then we're moving to Bandung for the rest of orientation. Good night!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Good luck with orientation! I am eagerly following your blog and I can't wait to see what happens next!